Saturday, May 6, 2006

Summer in Chengdu


This summer I will be in Chengdu, from May 9 to June 30. I will be working for the Chendgu Daily a few days a week, assisting with the weekly English newspaper which is published on Saturday's. The rest of the week I will be helping Jenny and Alex with anything they need, working with a friend of theirs on a web magazine he's starting up, and hanging out with my beautiful niece Wendy Jane. Hopefully, if I can get good internet access while over there, this blog can serve as your source to my life (as my brother put it) while I'm over there. I can also get emails while I'm over there, at michaelbeahm@yahoo.com, which will probably be the best way to stay in touch. I hope everyone has a great start to the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Yo man - Don't forget to do the following and report back:

    1. Ask for some "Lajao Shoucou" (spicy barbecue)...and I do mean spicy.

    2. Find a sign that is true "Chinglish" - Chinese English and makes absolutely no sense.

    3. Take a picture of someone driving WAY too many people on their bicycle. I expect nothing less than at least 3-4 full sized people on one bike.

    4. Listen for the number if times you hear "John Denver" playing in a restraunt there. Don't ask me why there is a love for John Denver!!!

    ReplyDelete