· “You’re so small” or “You’re only xx weeks?” statements take on their own anxiety-ridden feelings.
· Your belly (your whole body, for that matter!) is no longer your own. You have a swimmer, kicker and puncher to keep you entertained all day long.
· Speaking of kicks and punches, my ribs have gotten their share of the pregnancy beating.
· Sleeping is a pastime. Perhaps I’m getting prepared for not sleeping at all with a newborn.
· You don’t have a bladder. It just doesn’t exist anymore!
· Walking is limited to 20 minutes, coupled with the sensation of a baby making its way out into the world!
· Mood swings are a regularity.
· Bending down to paint toe nails is now a risk hazard – I can’t breathe!
· I dream of the day when I can sit, stand, and lay down comfortably.
· Swimming is one of God’s greatest gifts to a pregnant woman- it’s the only time she’ll feel “light” during those 9 months and be able to move around freely!
· I’m hungry every hour, but can only eat ¼ of what I used to. I guess it evens out!
In reality, these are so minor compared to the joy we are about to receive. I would do this all over again for the blessing of a healthy, baby boy. We just cannot wait to meet little Cooper Lee Beahm. He is so adored already!