Thursday, April 19, 2007

Burned to a cellular crisp

So, I am kind of bad with phones. That's an understatement. I kill phones somehow... regardless of what I am doing with it, what I am not doing with it, when I am awake, and now, even while I am sleeping.

The new phone every two years with verizon should be more like 2 months for me, because that's around the average life span of mine. Since April '05 I have gone through more phones than I can count. I broke the screen of one playing air soft at a friend's apartment. I got one wet in the river fly-fishing. I got another one wet mowing the yard in the rain. I left one in Boston when I went up to visit Gordon-Conwell in the Fall. But the most recent story of how I killed my phone happened this week, and tops them all for sure. My phone burned... while I was sleeping... on my dresser... from a candle lit next to it. I could hardly believe my eyes when I woke up. The good news is, it only melted in two, and I can still make calls using a headset. The moral of the stories are:

a. don't go to bed with a candle still burning
b. don't set your phone next to a burning candle
c. don't let me borrow your cell phone... ever.
d. I am that guy who keeps candles out of dormotories

So, after a lot of generosity from friends and family in letting me use their old phones the past couple years, and a couple way over priced phones I had to resort to getting, I have finally caught up to my 2 years with verizon. This weekend I am sticking it to the man, and getting my 'basically' free phone from them... finally.

2 comments:

  1. Beahm, i'm just glad you and our wooden house didn't burn to a crisp. you can always replace phones, but not people. I wonder though, if in heaven your phone will be like new without any defects? Hmm...welp, c-ya later and where's that other blog that you were talking about writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I don't really know what to say...

    I mean...I thought fly fishing and mowing had to take the cake...but burning the celly?

    No Iphone's for you my good mean. Destroying an overpriced $699 beast would not be good...

    ReplyDelete