Saturday, May 16, 2009

Andrew & Suz's Wedding

This past weekend Lynn and I were down in Charlotte for Andrew & Suz's wedding. Andrew and I have been great friends since the day Stuart and I moved in to Justice Hall freshman year at Appalachian State. We have seen each other through a lot of classes, relationships, and experiences together over these six years. I was recalling he & Suz's story yesterday with Lynn, just thinking how unique it is, since they were good friends growing up in Charlotte, but didn't become a couple until their last year in college. After college they were long distance for a while like Lynn and I were, so I know the joy Andrew is feeling this week just being in the same place with his wife!One of the fun things about the weekend was interacting with his family and seeing friends from ASU. It was Lynn and my first time seeing friends since the wedding, so it was a new experience for us, and a joy to be able to swap newlywed stories with friends. Friday night we had a good ol' country rehersal dinner with BBQ, Sweet Tea, and Line Dancing. It was the first time I can remember where I was more excited to dance than Lynn... it could have been Andrew's jean shorts, or it may have just been being back in the south that put me in the mood to dance.

I echo the sentiments of one guy at the rehersal dinner who said he was jealous that Suz gets to marry Andrew. While I won't go as far as to say that, especially in public, I will say I know what he means. As someone who lived with Andrew for two years, I know there will definitely be a lot of laughs and adventures in the new Willis home! Congrats Andrew & Suz!



No comments:

Post a Comment