Sunday, January 3, 2010

Year One of Bliss

One year ago today I married my best friend, the man of my dreams. And he made 2009 my best year yet.

After our dreamy honeymoon in the Riviera Maya, Mexico, we've moved to 2 port cities (Boston and Charleston) and I worked in one (Portsmouth, NH). We experienced New England in the winter and trucked through a few fun snow storms. We shared a car for six months and I wish we could do it again. We traveled to Maine (Kennebunkport and Portland), Vermont, Connecticut, Cape Cod, and visited NYC 4 times (thanks Joe & Kerry!). We hosted family and friends in our tiny Massachusetts apartment but it made everything more cozy. We watched as our country ushered in its first black President. We became Celtics fans and watched as they beat the Bobcats in triple overtime in the TD Banknorth Garden. We attended 7 weddings in North Carolina, one in New Jersey and welcomed the birth of 2 more beautiful neices (Lucy and Geneva). We praised when Michael got a job at Blackbaud and I started my fifth year with Arcadia. We drove from Charleston to Boston in 20 hours and almost considered a separation (no, not really!). We watched our Tarheels win another National Championship and mourned as our Mountaineers lost their chance at one in those final blizzardy seconds. We celebrated the engagement of my sister to her prince charming, Josh. We worshiped and rejoiced in another holiday season. And we excitedly move into our second year of marriage to see what the Lord has in store for us next...

-LB

3 comments:

  1. What a great year....and I can't wait to see what year two brings....maybe babies???? I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats you guys! you still look like newlyweds to me! Looking forward to spending more time with you this year than we did last year...come visit sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an incredible year! Miss you guys. Thanks for the update. Now that I've found you, I'll be sure to stop back often. I hope year two is just as sweet as year one, if not more so.

    ReplyDelete