Sunday, February 14, 2010

Half as hard, and twice as good

As it is Valentine's Day, I thought I would share a song that epitomizes friendship and especially marriage in my opinion. It is by Sara Groves, on her latest album fireflies and songs, and the song is entitled "Twice as good." I will let the lyrics speak for themselves, but you have to listen to the song as well. As we celebrate the ones we love today, I can't say enough how life with my beautiful wife has truly been half as hard and twice as good!

Twice as Good, by Sara Groves

When I am down and need to cry till morning
I know just where I am going
when I'm in need of sweet commiseration
to speak out loud

Raise a glass to friendship and to knowing
you don't have to go alone
we'll raise our hearts to share each others burdens
on this road

With every burden I have carried
with every joy it's understood
life with you is half as hard
and twice as good

With my good news your dancing on the table
babies born to celebration
the joy of life oh what a sweet communion
shared with you

I know we're growing older
can you imagine what that will bring
it's all a mystery to me now
but this one thing

will be half as hard, and twice as good.

To hear the song, or see the video: http://www.myspace.com/saragroves

- MB

1 comment:

  1. You two are amazing! Beautiful words in the song and thoughtful, delicious breakfast for Valentine's. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete