Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Big Sis Gets Married!

First of all, I must apologize for the lack of blogging. I have a few excuses and no excuses at all. But, here they are anyway!




*The Haiti posts were hard to follow up on. That trip meant so much to us and we wanted our trip to be read about, especially to those who supported us. It was hard to write another post that would go on top of that one!

*We've been pretty busy this summer. We moved the week we got back from Haiti and are finally feeling settled after a few trips to see family and friends.

*I've had writer's block. I really just haven't felt like blogging, or maybe there wasn't much going on that I felt I could blog about...until now!



My big sister got married last weekend! She married the love of her life, Josh, who is an incredible guy and a perfect match for her. Besides my own wedding, I've never felt so involved and invested in a wedding weekend as I did for hers. Jenny is my heart, and to see her so happy meant everything. It was almost surreal being able to stand up beside her and publicly declare that I will support her and their marriage. I truly felt honored to be her matron of honor. It was obvious the whole weekend how their lives had brought them to this moment- to become one and be united partners for life.



We had a lot of fun blessing her at the bridal luncheon and being with girls all day...




The whole weekend was a complete blast- being with family always is! You could feel the joy from everyone at the rehearsal dinner, sharing stories and laughter about Jenny and Josh. Not only do they deeply love each other, but it's obvious that lots of people deeply love them.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pictures from the ceremony and reception, but I did manage to get one of the newleyweds.  They were so sweet!


Congrats Jenny and Josh! I love you both!!

~And a shoutout to my friends Becky and Mike that got married on the same day.  I hear it was wonderful guys! So sorry we missed it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout...we missed you guys! But from the looks of the pictures, you guys had a fantastic time. Your sister looks BEAUTIFUL and so happy! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynny...you are/were the best MOH ever! Thank you for making the weekend so special! I love you...

    ReplyDelete