Saturday, July 30, 2011

Love

I've always heard that it's hard to experience what loving someone really means until you have a child of your own. I mean, I love the Lord, am in love with my husband, and love my family and friends.  How could I love more?  It wasn't until that final push when I saw Cooper for the first time did I understand this.  Instantly I was lovestruck.  I could barely breathe while this surge of love, thankfulness, and adoration came over me. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.  Three weeks later, not much has changed.  I stare at Cooper all day long.  I watch him while he eats, while he sleeps, while he cries.  I want to protect him and spoil him at the same time.  I want him to be strong and a world changer.  All of these emotions in just 3 short weeks.  There's not a moment when I am not entranced by Cooper (except maybe in the middle of the night :) ).  Michael and I are head over heels in love with our new son.  And interestingly enough, this new type of love has deepened my love for the rest- the Lord, my husband, and family and friends.  I am so excited to watch Cooper grow up and share some of our moments with you.  Thanks for being a part of our lives!

We've enjoyed so many visitors who have come by to love on our little Cooper, including my Mom who stayed for 2 weeks, and Michael's mom who stayed for a week.  We're so thankful for all of you!

Here are some pictures from the last 2 weeks:

First sponge bath

I mean, seriously, could he get any cuter?!!

Nana loving on Cooper!

Uncle Mike was a natural!

Pops enjoying some cuddle time with Cooper.

Enjoying the carrier Michael's sister, Jenny, made for us.  Thanks Jenny, we love it (and the sling!)  Cooper slept so well in it.  I can tell it's going to be one of his favorites.

Cooper meeting his cousins, Josiah and Rachel!  We can't wait for him to meet his 4 other cousins and 4 soon-to-be cousins in the next few months! 

Oops, Cooper had his first accident on his name sake (middle name), Roger Lee Beahm (aka, his Opa...grandfather).



He loves being on his tummy- he is so strong already!

No comments:

Post a Comment