Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Family Feud


The Red Sox rolled over the Indians Sunday night in their third straight win in as many games, completing a dramatic 3-1 come back in the ALCS. That set the stage for an unexpected but sure to be exciting World Series matchup. The Rockies are the hottest team in baseball right now, while the Red Sox have the most dominant pitcher in the majors and a dynamic lineup filled with clutch hitters. You may have been thinking to this point that the series is important because it crowns the 2007 mlb champion, but for the Beahm family it takes on different significance, as my dad is a Rockies fan and I am a Red Sox fan. We are not fans of our respective teams simply because we like cheering for them, but because of a greater connection. My dad is a fan because he grew up in Colorado, and went to college at the University of Colorado at Boulder. My mom also went to CU and her brother still lives outside Denver (however, I think she is secretly pulling for the Bo Sox). I am a fan because Gordon-Conwell is located right outside Boston, and I go to church in the city, so naturally I have become a die hard Red Sox fan as seems to be the norm up here. Starting Wednesday night, you can be sure that I will be tunned in, cheering on the Sox, because more than a championship is on the line... bragging rights are at stake too. But regardless of who wins, the Red Sox have one thing going for them that the Rockies don't, and that is the support of my niece Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment