Thursday, October 18, 2007

half-way home


This week marks roughly the half-way point in my first semester at Gordon-Conwell, and in some ways it is hard to believe I've already been up here nearly 2 months, while in other respects it has started to feel natural to come back to this place. This past week has been huge in terms of getting connected on campus. I feel like I could have hit the ground running a little more when I came up here in September in terms of meeting peopple, but when you know your best friends are in another place, it can take some time and some breaking of pride to desire building new relationships. Nonetheless, over the past week the Lord has really given me a desire to build more relationships as well as the opportunities to do so. A few guys and I met for the first time last night in what we hope to be a weekly meeting where we encourage one another, pray for another, and check up on one another to make sure our studies in spiritual things have not sidetracked, or worn on our daily walk with the Lord. Also, this past Saturday I took a trip up to Stowe, Vermont with a few guys to eat, hike, and look at leaves. That trip was definitely the highlight of the semester for me. Apparently Stowe is one of the top 100 places to visit (I guess that makes it about 99 behind Boone), but it certainly did not dissapoint. Well, I'm off to eat and finish some homework before the Red Sox play tonight. I'm sure in my previous home, "the office" would take precidence over the playoffs tonight, but there's no contest up here.

2 comments:

  1. Michael Beahm! Hey buddy, I am glad I found your blog! I look forward to reading your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I miss having you here in North Carolina, I love that you are in Boston and the Lord is bringing you new friends, new learning and a new adventure. Have I mentioned I love being your girlfriend? :)

    ReplyDelete