Thursday, February 19, 2009

College house fire!



I got a call from my friend Jerry yesterday who is now living at 1078 George Wilson Road, in the house I lived at in college. He was calling to tell me there had been a fire at the Stone House (Manor). The Watauga Democrat wrote an article about it and said they estimated around $70,000 worth of damage to the house, and $20,000 in damages to the contents of the house! The crazy thing is that all eight guys were in the house Wednesday morning when the fire broke out in the attic, and they were woken up by car horns of people driving by who saw the smoke coming out of the roof! The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical. Although there was a lot of character to that old house, and many memories from my 2 years there (including the address being tattooed on a few of my best friends), as Nate said concerning the fire, "it (the house) should probably be updated."

-MAB

No comments:

Post a Comment