Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Take your husband to work day

It's a cold Wednesday afternoon here in New England, following a long day for me of shoveling out Gordon-Conwell from yet another few inches of snow we got yesterday. After a day like yesterday I needed to get away from campus for a while, so Lynn decided to take me to work with her. Well, not exactly... but I did go to Portsmouth with her.

Since we moved up here nearly a month ago now, Lynn has been driving up to work out of the Arcadia office in Portsmouth, NH. After making the commute for about a week or so, Lynn told me Portsmouth was like a mix between Charleston and Asheville. A glimpse of Heaven appeared to me when she made that intuitive comparison, and I knew it was time to make a visit. So, because I didn't have class or work today, I decided to head on up to Portsmouth with Lynn. I have been studying at a coffee shop called Popovers this afternoon and Lynn and I ate at a place called Me and Ollie's Honest Bread for lunch. There definitely seems to be a lot of local flavor up here, so I can see why Lynn compared it to those two Carolina towns.

Anyways, Lynn said in the summer (once everything thaws out up here) Portsmouth gets packed with tourists, and I can kind of see why. It's definitely a nice place to go if you don't want to deal with all the traffic and crowds in Boston. I'm thinking we have a new spot on the New England tour for anyone that comes up to visit us. I'm also thinking every Wednesday might start turning in to "take your husband to work day"... at least for the App Beahms.

-MAB

No comments:

Post a Comment