Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The home stretch

I am now officially done with 2 of my Spring semester classes... with only 1 take-home exam remaining which is due Monday, and a project due next Friday. It kind of feels like I am in that last leg of a race where I can see the finish line...

This weekend Lynn and I are going down to New Jersey for her cousin's wedding, so I feel like I can finally take a deep breath for a moment from these hectic last few days of exams and get ready for one last push after Matt's wedding.

This semester has all in all been really productive. I got most of my required classes for Theology out of the way during my first three semesters, so I was able to take more electives this semester with professors I've wanted to take. I also had the opportunity to take a class on Christian Schools, which was definitely timely as I have been applying to a few different schools to teach at next year in North Carolina.

This being my first semester married, I have actually been surprised at how much being married has benefited my student life. Wednesdays in Portsmouth gave me the opportunity to catch up on reading and assignments, and I think I so wanted to spend time together in the evenings with Lynn, that it made me work harder during the days. So, anyways... definitely a plus of married life that I wasn't expecting!

Well, I will keep everyone posted over these next few weeks as to how things finish up here, and any job replies that I hear. Next Friday Lynn and I are heading down to Charlotte for Andrew & Suz's wedding... and are looking forward to seeing friends from NC for the first time since the wedding!

- MB




3 comments:

  1. Wait- when are you guys coming to CLT?!?! We need to have a Beahm Party!
    If you don't already have a place to say- my house is always open for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! The Beahms come to Charlotte! We would offer our house...but you know...infested :( If you want to come have a stake out and catch a rat/monkey/devil animal, you are WELCOME to spend the night with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAHMERS ARE COMING SOUTH! Can't wait to see ya'll next weekend. Let's definitely have a little get together (after wedding festivities) Friday or Saturday. or both.

    ReplyDelete