Sunday, July 26, 2009

Porch Life

Since we have moved into our new Charleston home, I have finally been able to grow the herb plants I have been dying to have. As you can see below, I have basil, oregano, parsley and thyme growing on my porch. Doesn't fresh basil smells so amazing!! And, it has certainly come in handy! Having fresh herbs around is much better than dry herbs, although we still use plenty of them too.
Below are just two of the dishes we have made with fresh herbs in them: A shrimp dish Michael made, and homemade pizza with fresh oregano and basil.
Here is a snapshot of our cute porch furniture Michael's parents blessed us with. It is perfect!
Lastly, we wanted to share the great hole in the wall restaurant we finally went to today after church: Jack's Cosmic Dogs. It is a cute little eclectic place with some great dogs!
-LB

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! I have an herb garden and its the best thing ever! I don't have basil though so I might need to get some. The pizza you make ALWAYS looks so yummy. Next time we come to Charleston, I might need to drop in for some special Lynn pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to try some of those fresh herbs! Make sure Mom gives you the recipe for the sundried tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Those herbs look great! I'll have to get some tips from you. My basil (and everything else green) is dying out on our porch!! I blame it on poor air quality here in Shanghai...really it is probably neglect on my part or over-watering by my toddlers. :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Jacks! My aunt and uncle live just down the road at Charleston National. Hope you guys are enjoying Mt. P!

    ReplyDelete