Saturday, June 3, 2006

Sunday Morning

It's Sunday morning here in Chengdu, and I'm getting ever some sort of stomach virus that I picked up Friday. It's been a rough couple days, but I slept better last night, and can hopefully do some solid eating today. On a better note, tomorrow marks the birth of my brother Chris - he'll be turning 26. Happy Birthday Chris. The past few weeks here in Chengdu have been good. I think Wendy Jane learns something new everyday. For example, literally overnight she can know identify a clock.. and say "coo coo" if you point at it. WJ is practically a celebrity here in Chengdu, and anytime we're out in public she draws a crowd, and has probably caused a few bike wrecks or two by distracting people. The Chengdu Weekly Internship is going well, although it is much different than I imagined it would be. I'm still writing articles for the paper, however, it is more of a free lance position... as I only went in to the office Tuesday morning this week for the meeting to pick up my assignments and give my ideas. The articles so far have included a restaurant review on Peter's Tex Mex, an NBA Playoffs article (which was mad fun), an article on a rugby league in Chengdu (that I actually played in last week), and a couple more. Friday I interviewed a carpenter here in Chengdu, and will be writing about him for next Sunday's edition. One of these weeks I'd like to be more involved in designing a page for the paper, and doing some editing. Time with Jenny and Alex is great. Jenny mentioned a few weeks ago that this summer is perhaps the longest time we've lived together in eight years. It's cool to see what life is like for them over here, and meet a lot of Chinese friends they have. I'm headed down to Kunming with Jenny in about a week, and will be visiting the one and only A-Roc, as well as Flan-Daddy, Matt Foster, Parke, Whitney, Alinna, and the rest of the App Crew there this summer. I'm stoked about seeing some of the best in China. Also, last week, I got the chance to eat dinner with Ryan Berry, and the Hollendfellows group from App. It was great to be thousands of miles away from App and see people who were RA's with me, and had class with. Again, if you want to wish the bro a happy birthday.. check out www.thebeahms.com/blog.html , and leave him one.

No comments:

Post a Comment