Sunday, July 9, 2006

Paris... Rome... Boston?


Anyone who was watching the World Cup final today probably saw a live feed from the site of where this photo was taken. But for those of you who didn't watch the game, if you had to guess where this photo was taken during the world cup game between France and Italy.. where would you guess? Paris? Rome? No, it was taken in Boston, Mass. Unbelievable!! America has soccer fans?? I mean.. die-hard fans that are standing in afternoon summer heat, watching a game on a distant projection screen between two foreign teams. Well done New England!! With that kind of support, maybe we can rally behind the U.S. national team in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Italy's win today though makes the U.S. team look strong, because we were the only team throughout the World Cup to tie them in a 1-1 draw in the first round. So in a sense.. I saw the U.S. hoisting that trophy today. Well, that's a stretch, but anyways.. I really wish it were us up there. I will say though if you get a chance to go overseas during a world cup you will realize international soccer fans are crazy about their soccer, even if their team isn't in the world cup. This will be my last blog about the world cup for 4 years.. so for those of you (like my sister Lisa) who read my blog, but are disinterested in soccer, this should be good news for you. Hope everyone has a good week. I start my summer job at Coyne Beahm tomorrow, so I'll be sure and post about how that goes this week. And, if anyone wants to go see the new Pirates of the Carribean flick, which I'm stoked about seeing, John Kiser and I will be hitting that up sometime this week, so drop me a line if you are in the 'boro.

No comments:

Post a Comment