Sunday, July 2, 2006

sequal to 13 reasons


For fairness, and in return for the six amazing weeks I spent there this summer, I will now post the sequal to the "13 Reasons post" from a few days ago, with "Book the next flight: 13 Reasons I want to go back to China".
1. I bought 8 bottles of water for $1.00, and 3 cokes for $1.00.. I was rarely thirsty.
2. Riding bikes is not recreation.. it is a test of coordination, fitness, and agility on the bike. Closest American comparison: Dodge Ball.
3. Thursday night International touch Rugby league.. I will do my best to make it catch on at ASU.
4. Practicing English with Chinese friends
5. Conveniant transportation: 1 yuan bus ride; 3-5 yuan rickshaw ride; 5 yuan taxi ride (8 yuan = $1.00 U.S.)
6. Speaking Chinese (not conversationally), just every now and then to impress Chinese friends
7. Carre-four (French supermarket).. Everyday shopping crowds like it's the day after Thanksgiving
8. slippin, slidding, and hooping it up on a DIRT court with International Fellowship peeps on Sundays
9.
Jiaozi (fried dumplings), Banana Pancakes, Peter's Tex Mex Grill, and my favorite: Jenny's home cooking.
10. Watching World Cup matches with the rest of China in the middle of the night
11. Eggs and Testosterone: Men's Thursday morning breakfast.
12. Alex, Jenny, and all of their co-workers over there.
13. Being Wendy Jane's bodyguard

I thought about doing 22 reasons, simply because China has 22 provinces; but, the concentration of 13, as I did with America may lead to better, funnier reasons. I'll let you be the judge.

We'll it's nearing 4 AM Sunday Morning, and I feel like it's 10 in the morning.. or atleast sometime during the day. I went to bed at 12.. woke up at 2.. got out of bed at 2:30.. and am definitely awake. Jet-lagged am I. Oh well, atleast you get to enjoy another blog as a result. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

By the way: Jenny, Alex, and Wendy Jane arrived safely in Uganda Friday. They will be there through the entire month of July. Be praying for Jenny as she and Wendy serve with high school students in an orphanage in Kampala, and for Alex, as he provides leadership for a team of high schoolers.

2 comments:

  1. Something Else: Hearing John Denver on the loudspeaker and talking about Michael Jordan like he's still playing on the bulls. Two things that you wouldn't even consider here in the states, but is a STAPLE over there!

    Also have to give a shout out to all the Chinglish Signs like: "No Smorking here" or "Here Dangers. Pay your attention!" I'd love to make one of those coffee table books of all the funny signs of mis-translated english!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Beahm! What you wrote just so made me miss China. Were you back there again this summer?

    ReplyDelete