Monday, March 16, 2009

Mom's Pizza

So, if you know the Ruggieri's well, you know of a little tradition we call Pizza Sunday. Every Sunday, mama Ruggieri made (and still makes) fabulous and delicious pizza for the fam. Delicious is an understatement, really. Homeade crust, sauce, the works. I made it once before while living in Charleston, but it just didn't turn out well and I got discouraged. Two years later, I thought I'd try again...someone has to carry on the tradition! On Sunday I tried my hand at a second attempt, and this time it wasn't too shabby! This one was made on a pizza stone (which Mom didn't use) and with organic tomato sauce (we shop at Trader Joe's), but all in all, I am encouraged to keep trying...and Michael has no problem with that!


Thanks Mom for the great SECRET family recipe!! :)
-LMB

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Impressive!!! Looks absolutely delicious! Can't wait to taste it!!!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what she said. Beahm, was that a pre-dinner snack? Just kidding, I miss you guys and hope to see you guys sometime this year. That's also a great tradition and keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was delicious. And yes Daniel... I had three pieces... plus garlic bread... plus a couple cookies... all in your honor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're keeping traditions going on both sides of the family! :) We all loved the "cowboy cookies"!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete