Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Granola Bars


My friend Carrie provided a great recipe for homeade granola bars over on her blog. I've tried making granola bars before but I was really pleased with the texture and taste of these bars. You should give them a shot!

Granola Bars:
2 cups organic oats
1 cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
1 cup whole wheat flour (I used 3/4 cup)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey (I used just a bit more)
Any dried fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc. you may want to add. (I used walnuts and raisins).


Mix all ingredients and press into greased pan, 11 X 13. Dough will be very dry and crumbly, but press until dough forms with pan. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until edges are browned. Take out and let cool entirely. Cut into strips and store in airtight container.

NOTE: I added some 100% whey protein that Michael had around to add some extra protein...it won't hurt!

-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment