Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gregory packs

10 years ago I got my first backpack of my own for the Philmont backpacking trip. My dad and I got it from Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, and it was a green Gregory backpack. Gregory has always been known for making durable, long-lasting backpacks, but now they can add one more characteristic to their brand and that is superior customer service. Somewhere in the last ten years I misplaced the top lid to my backpack, which is a pretty important piece in that it secures all your equipment inside your pack, keeps water and dirt out, and can also be unclipped to use for day hikes.
With my brother and I talking about a backpacking trip this coming fall, I decided it was time to try and do something about replacing this top lid so I emailed Gregory packs. Being ten years ago, the pack I have is no longer being produced, I didn't know the name of the pack since it was written on the top lid, but to my great surprise, I received a response back from George, a "product technical rep" saying that for a small fee and some pictures of my pack he could literally build me a brand new top lid. In a day and age where customer service usually falls by the wayside, Gregory proved to me that excellent customer service is still alive and well sometimes.
Well done, Gregory, and thanks for hooking me up! Ten years from now when I may need more than a new top lid, you all definitely have my business. You really can't put a price on good customer service!

- MB

2 comments:

  1. Where's your update about the soccer game?? How am I supposed to know what's going on in your life, Beahmer??

    love
    ct

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the pack is ready for an adventure. Planning is underway for a brother's backpacking adventure in Fall 2010.

    ReplyDelete